Earth Observations Committee (2015-2018)
Objective/Scope of the Committee
The Earth Observation Committee covers all aspects of Earth observations from space, especially observations related to the Earth’s environment and including mission planning, microwave and optical sensors and technologies, systems for land, oceanographic, and atmospheric applications, ground data-processing.
Committee rules for membership applications and renewal
Committee member renewal is discussed on a yearly basis. New candidatures are voted/selected during the Earth Observation Committee meetings.
Symposiums/Sessions at the IAC
Earth Observation Symposium (B1) including 6 classical sessions and 1 poster session:
- B1.1 International Cooperation in Earth Observation Missions
- B1.2 Future Earth Observation Systems
- B1.3 Earth Observation Sensors and Technology
- B1.4 Earth Observation Data Management Systems
- B1.5 Earth Observation Applications and Economic Benefits
- B1.6 Earth Observation topic of the Year (the theme is different each year and selected by the Committee)
Technical meetings or events outside of the IAC
Yearly Earth Observation Technical Committee Meeting
Gavira Izquierdo, José
Graf, James E.
Murthi, K. R. Sridhara
Rao, Mukund K.
Smith, David Brent
Chong, Yean Joo