IAC 2019 is already making history, we have received a new record of Abstracts surpassing last year’s extraordinary result!! More than 4320 Abstracts from 86 Countries!
Thank you to @ll who submitted an abstract for #IAC2019! Soon the abstract selection will take place and notifications will be sent third week of April. IAF wishes everyone the best of luck!
Under the theme “SPACE: The Power of the Past, the Promise of the Future”, IAC 2019 will offer an extensive and multidisciplinary Technical Programme that reflects the diversity of disciplines within space.
Following its usual style, the congress will span a full week, with:
- 180 Technical Sessions (including 5 Global Technical Sessions)
- More than 2,000 Oral Presentations
- More than 400 Interactive Presentations
- More than 30 Special Sessions
- Keynote Lectures given by world-renowned experts
Let us look at the structure of the IAC Technical Programme in some more detail:
- The Technical Sessions (TS) consist of more than 2,000 oral presentations logically grouped into several concurrent sessions with major categories in Science & Exploration, Applications & Operations, Technology, Infrastructure, Space & Society. All papers will be screened by Members if the International Programme Committee prior to acceptance to maintain high technical standards and relevance to the session topic. To view the complete Technical Sessions online, visit https://iafastro.directory/iac/browse/IAC-19/catalog-technical-programme Call for Abstracts is now closed.
- For the second time, the IAC Technical Programme will include Special Sessions (SpS). The Special Sessions will offer key insight into new and emerging topics of particular interest to the space community that may also cut across and beyond disciplines traditionally represented. The specific formats of the Special Sessions (panels, debates, workshops…) will favor highly interactive discussions and exchange of ideas. The IPC Steering Group will select proposals which stress the novelty of the topic, its multidisciplinary flavor and which will provide a complementary experience compared to the regular Technical Sessions. The Call for SpS proposals for IAC2019 is now closed.
- This year’s the Interactive Presentations (IP) Session will offer a new platform to engage congress attendees as all presentations will be required to feature an interactive element. Interactive elements can include audio and video, as well as images and animations. Selected applicants will have their interactive presentations on display for the duration of the congress, including the congress breaks, so that they can meet with attendees and informally present their work. Call for Abstracts is now closed.
- The Global Technical Sessions (GTS) are designed to offer a modern and eclectic platform at the IAC for sharing technical content to an open minded audience on-site but also online! Oriented towards young and talented space professionals, it allows for sharing of information on a global scale with presenters and audience both at the IAC venue and online at their home/work/university locations. The Global Technical Sessions are similar to the conventional technical sessions with abstract selection and paper submissions. They are jointly organized by associated technical committees and co-chaired by seasoned experts and young professionals in order to stimulate the interaction with the authors. The Global Technical Sessions are the IAC cradle for future talents and a modern session to speak with a larger audience thanks to the real-time broadcast online. It can also allow the authors who cannot come to IAC to present their paper to the onsite audience at the IAC and is recorded for further use and personal branding by the presenter.
The IAC 2019 Technical Programme will bring together a tremendous and rich diversity of authors, researchers and speakers from academia, industry, and government all over the world to share ideas and latest research outcomes on space, offering more opportunities for networking, learning and discovery than ever before.