GNF Programme at the IAF Spring Meetings 2014
Thursday 20 March 17:00 – 20:00
Room Newport, CAP 15
Panel-1 (17:00 – 18:15)
Commercial Spaceflight: Reflections on Business Proposals by Industries
In recent years, commercial spaceflight has become an increasingly important topic for the entire space community. In the United States several companies are currently working on projects dedicated to commercial spaceflight. Also in Europe and in the rest of the space world the interest in this segment of the space activities is constantly growing.
This panel will try to give the audience a better understanding on the present state of the commercial spaceflight business models, and also to have a clearer idea on future expectations and developments for these business models.
- Christian Sallaberger, Chair, IAF Space Exploration Committe
- Barry Matsumori, Senior Vice President, Space X
- Mark Sirangelo, Head, Sierra Nevada
- Luce Fabreguette, Director Commercial Development, Arianespace
- Bart Reijnen, Head of Site Bremen, Vice President Orbital Systems and Space Exploration, Airbus Space and Defense
- V.S. Hegde, Chief, Antrix
Panel-2 (18:30 – 19:45)
Commercial Spaceflight and Institutional Users
How strongly will institutional users rely on commercial space assets versus their own assets? Will the institutional users continue to develop their own infrastructures or will they rely solely on the industry providers? And, how big could the market share of institutional users in the commercial spaceflight market be?
This panel will try to answer these questions and more on the interactions between commercial spaceflight providers and the institutional users.
- Christian Sallaberger, Chair, IAF Space Exploration Committee
- Alexey B. Krasnov, Director of Human Spaceflight, ROCOSMOS
- William H. Gerstenmaier, Associate Administrator for Human, NASA
- Jean-Jacques Dordain, Director General, ESA
- Kiyoshi Higuchi, Vice President, JAXA
- Xu Dazhe, Administrator, CNSA