The International Astronautical Federation (IAF) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2021 “IAF Distinguished Service Award” that recognises distinguished service by volunteers and/or staff to the activities of the Federation.
The call for nominations for the IAF Distinguished Service Award is addressed to IAF Technical or Administrative Committees’ members, Delegates/members of IAF member organizations in good standing, IAF Bureau members and IAF Secretariat.
Nominations should contain:
- A citation (one sentence)
- A biography of the nominee including, i.e., the person’s profile, career achievements and history, education, list of publications, etc.
- 1 letter of support clearly addressing contributions of the nominee to IAF
- Duration of nominee’s service
- Leadership in nominee’s service
- Excellence of nominee’s service
As a guideline, those recognized for distinguished service should normally meet several of the following criteria:
- More than 10 years volunteering for the IAF or longer
- A leadership role in a Technical or Administrative Committee or Sub-Committee, or served on the Bureau
- Attended the IAC and Spring Meetings on a regular basis
Activities that required significant volunteering hours
The IAF Distinguished Service Award Sub-Committee will review the nominations received for the IAF Distinguished Service Award and will make recommendations to the IAF Honours and Awards Committee (HAC). The HAC will review the recommendations and make final recommendations to the IAF Bureau at the IAC 2020 – The CyberSpace Edition.
The IAF Distinguished Service Award comprises a distinctive pin and certificate presented at the IPC General Meeting during the Spring Meeting 2021 in Paris. The recipient’s registration fee for the International Astronautical Congress (IAC) will be reduced to 50% of the applicable fee for the year of induction (IAC 2021 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates).
Nomination documents must be received by IAF Secretariat no later than 15:00 CET (Paris time) on the 30th of August 2020, preferably by email at email@example.com (Subject line: NOMINEE’S LAST NAME Nominee’s First Name-IAF Distinguished Service Award).
If e-mail is not available, the nomination documents can be sent by postal mail within the above deadline to:
IAF Distinguished Service Award
100 avenue de Suffren