2019 Call for Nominations
The IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award is intended to recognize IAF member organizations (industry, government, academia) worldwide for outstanding contributions to the fostering of “3G” (Geography, Generation, Gender) Diversity within the space sector. It is an annual award presented at the IAC, but is given only when nominations of exceptional merit are received.
Only IAF member organizations in good standing shall be eligible to receive the award.
The 2019 Call for Nominations for the IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award is addressed to IAF member organizations in good standing. Only one application per organization will be accepted per year. In addition to nominations for other IAF member organizations, any IAF member organization in good standing may also self-apply for this award.
Applications not accepted in a given year may be rolled over to next year.
Nomination/Application package shall contain:
- A citation of the contribution to “3G” Diversity (one sentence);
- A summary description of the organization’s outstanding contribution in the respective (at least 2) diversity aspects (geography, generation and gender); eventual contributions to additional aspects of diversity shall also be mentioned and will be considered
IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award recipient will be selected by an IAF “3G” Diversity Award Subcommittee who will review the nominations/applications and make a recommendation for the recipient to the IAF Honours and Awards Committee and the IAF Bureau during the IAF Spring Meetings in March 2019. The final decision rests with the IAF Bureau
The award consists of a statue and a certificate which will be presented to an official representative of the awarded organization during the annual IAF IDEA “3G” Diversity Luncheon at the IAC. The awarded organization will be given a speaking opportunity at this event.
Serve as a model for outstanding and sustainable contribution to the fostering of “3G” Diversity within the space sector, whereby significant effort in the promotion of at least 2 of the 3G diversity aspects – Geography, Generation and Gender – including potential additional diversity aspects, and positive results in achieving a balanced representation have to be demonstrated.
Such effort may include, but is not limited to:
- Activities to recruit, retain, and professionally develop individuals who increase the “3G” diversity of the workforce
- Senior leadership in organization exemplifies commitment to diversity
- Activities to create leadership teams that promote a diverse and inclusive culture
- Sponsorship, implementation or active promotion of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of “3G” diversity and inclusion
- Recognition of exemplary individual and team behaviors that promote diversity and inclusion
- Innovative approaches, which have resulted in a step up from business as usual
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of emerging or sustained commitment to the values of “3G” diversity by documented efforts that are above and beyond routine expectations.
- Evidence of exceptional efforts to promote a working environment that is free from bias and discrimination.
- Substantiation of the contribution that an organization has made towards advancing “3G” diversity.
Nomination/application documents must be received by IAF Secretariat by the 13 February 2019 15:00 CET (Paris time), preferably by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (2019 IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award).
If email is not available, the reference can be sent by postal mail to:
2019 IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award
100 Avenue de Suffren