Who is IAF?
The International Astronautical Federation is a worldwide federation of organisations active in the space field. It is responsible for the premier annual global space conference, the International Astronautical Congress, held each year in a different country. Following its theme “A space-faring world cooperating for the benefit of humanity”, the Federation advances knowledge about space, and the development and application of space assets for the benefit of humanity. It maintains a worldwide network of experts in the development and utilisation of space. It remains the only international federation for the space community that addresses all aspects of space. The International Astronautical Federation is the world’s leading space advocacy organisation with 343 members in 68 countries including all leading agencies, space companies, professional societies, associations of industry and R&D institutes worldwide.
Where are we?
The IAF Secretariat is based in Paris, France, and is responsible for the coordination of the IAF activities. It is the management body of the organisation, supporting the IAF members, the IAF experts and volunteers.
Under the direct supervision by and in support of the IAF Executive Director, the Executive Assistant shall be responsible for the administration, nurturing and further development of IAF membership. He/she shall provide administrative and financial accounting support to the Executive Director and contribute to the IAF Secretariat’s effort to organise and implement events, including the International Astronautical Congresses (IAC).
Specific duties include:
- Administering and maintaining up-to-date the IAF membership database
- Continuously following activities and administrative updates at IAF member organisations, establishing and keeping close contacts with members’ Points of Contact and alerting the Executive Director of relevant developments and changes
- Updating membership contributions scales, invoicing of membership dues and arears, monitoring membership dues and arrears payment status and providing inputs for regular IAF membership reports
- Collecting membership development inputs, identifying potential members, preparing and following up membership development communication
- Advising potential members on the IAF membership application process and administering the application process
- Administering membership termination process
- Supporting the IAF General Assembly meetings at the IAC (invitation, registration, on-site support, reporting)
- Supporting the IAF financial accounting in the SAGE system with focus on membership dues payments
- Supporting regular communication with IAF members through electronic and postal mass-mailings
- Administering the schedule of the Executive Director and preparing inputs in support of meetings and presentations
- Participating in the preparation and implementation of the International Astronautical Congress and other IAF events as requested by the Executive Director
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director
- Higher Vocational (Bachelor level or higher), supplemented by professional training in administrative techniques and/or in secretarial related activities
- Excellent English and French language skills
- Experience in financial accounting is an asset
- Knowledge of and working experience within the space community is an asset
- Excellent IT proficiency (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Languages: English & French (excellent oral and written skills)
- Open to work in an international environment
- Well organised with excellent planning skills
- Team work competency
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Ability to work under stress
- Highly motivated
- Enthusiasm and interest for space activities
- High sense of initiative and well organized
What do we offer?
- 1-year CDD (followed by CDI)
- Challenging job with exposure to the international space community at all levels
- Occasional travels abroad
- Attractive salary
Declaration of interest
- Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Closing Date for Applications: 31 January 2018