Member since: 2009
Enterprise Estonia (EAS), established in 2000, promotes business and regional development in Estonia. It is one of the largest institutions within the national support system for entrepreneurship, providing financial assistance, advisory, cooperation opportunities and training for entrepreneurs, research establishments, public and third sector.
Enterprise Estonia operates in the following areas:
– Increased sustainability and accelerated growth of startup companies;
– Improved export and product development capability of Estonian companies;
– Greater impact of foreign direct investments on the Estonian economy;
– Increased tourism export and the development of domestic tourism;
– Promotion of regional development and civil society.
Pursuant to the accession of Estonia to the European Union, Enterprise Estonia became one of the implementing units of the European Union structural funds in Estonia.
Today, most of the EAS programs and grants offered are co-financed from the EU structural funds. In the 2007-2013 financing period of the European Union, 13 billion kroons (830 million euros), out of more than 53 billion kroons (3,4 milliard euros) of structural assistance for Estonia, will be applied by Enterprise Estonia.