The Future Space Leaders Foundation (FSLF) is pleased to announce the 2019 Future Space Leaders Grant Programme. Intended for U.S. graduate students and young professionals who are pursuing space- and satellite-related careers, the program will provide grants for participation in the 70th International Astronautical Congress (IAC) to be held in Washington, DC, USA, October 21 – October 25, 2019.
In addition to attending the IAC, Grant Recipients will also be involved in supplementary career development activities in Washington. These IAC-associated events include the Cross-Cultural Presentation Workshop, the United Nations/International Astronautical Federation (IAF) Workshop, the Space Generation Congress hosted by the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) and the Young Professionals Workshop. These additional activities will necessitate Grantees’ presence in Washington, DC beginning on October 16, 2019.
U.S. graduate students and young professionals are encouraged to apply for a Grant from the FSLF. In addition to submitting an application to FSLF, applicants must apply through the IAF process and be accepted to present a paper in a technical or poster session at the 2019 IAC, and/or to serve as a panelist or back-up panelist for the IAC Next Generation Plenary. Successful competition for an FSLF Grant requires acceptance in at least one of these venues.
- Graduate students and young professionals between the ages of 21 and 35 on January 1, 2020,
who are United States citizens and are currently residing in the United States;
- Individuals interested in pursuing careers involving the development, application and use of space
systems; space science research; policy, legal, social and cultural aspects of space activities;
international cooperation on space programs; and other similar subjects;
- Individuals who wish to meet and interact with colleagues from around the world with similar
interests in space and satellites;
- Individuals who hope to utilize the knowledge and experience they gain during the IAC to further
their own careers and to enhance space and related activities.
Grant Program Awards
- Round-trip air fare between a city in the United States and Washington, DC;
- Support (in-kind services or funding) for lodging, meals and incidental expenses in Washington;
- Registration for the 70th IAC and activities such as the Cross-Cultural Presentation Workshop, the
Space Generation Congress, the UN/IAF Workshop and the Young Professionals Workshop;
- Advice from an FSLF mentor on activities before and during the IAC to help Grant Recipients
benefit fully from the Congress and related meetings; and
- FSLF mentor(s) during the IAC to further enrich the experience.