IAF Excellence in International Cooperation Award - Call for Nominations 2022
The Call for Nominations 2022 is now OPEN!
Who can nominate?
Any IAF Member Organization in good standing, Chairperson of IAF Administrative and Technical Committees, and IAF Officer is invited to nominate a candidate for the IAF Excellence in International Cooperation Award.
Who can be nominated?
Any eminent person in the astronautical field.
The nominee shall have demonstrated:
- A career-long dedication to the fostering of international space cooperation.
- An exceptional contribution in a specific project, effort or area to advance international space cooperation between entities from at least two countries.
- Measurable progress in overcoming a significant challenge or obstacle to international cooperation.
Presentation of Awards
The IAF Excellence in International Cooperation Award recipient will be inducted at the next International Astronautical Congress (IAC) during the IAC 2022 Opening Ceremony on Sunday 18 September 2022.
Benefits of award for the recipients
- A trophy and certificate furnished by IAF.
- IAC registration fees waived for the year of induction.
- The recipient will address the attendees of the VIP Luncheon on Monday with a short speech.
- The recipient will attend the Gala Dinner as guest of the IAF President (free of charge).
Number of recipients and Expiration of Nomination
The Award shall be preferably granted to a single person. Exceptionally, it may be granted to two or more persons if their contributions are equal or if the contribution or contributions made were the result of their joint efforts.
A submission which is not successful in any given year may be resubmitted for later years.
The nomination package must contain:
- A justification detailing the exceptional effort and impact of the nominee on international cooperation in space activities (<2 pages).
- A biography of the nominee including, i.e., the person’s profile, career achievements and history, education, list of publications, etc.
- At least 3 letters of support clearly addressing the contributions of the nominee in fostering, advancing and enhancing international cooperation. At least two of the support letters should be issued by colleagues from a different country as the nominee.
Please, specify Email Subject as follows: NOMINEE’S LAST NAME Nominee’s First Name – 2022 IAF Excellence in International Cooperation Award.
The Nomination package must be sent to the IAF Secretariat by Friday 18 February 2022 at 23:59 CET, at email@example.com.