Luigi G. Napolitano Award
The Luigi G. Napolitano Award is presented annually to a young scientist who has significantly contributed to the advancement of the aerospace science and has presented it with a paper at the IAC.
The Luigi G. Napolitano Award is presented annually by the Space Education and Outreach Committee (SEOC) of the International Astronautical Federation to a young scientist, below 30 years of age, who has contributed significantly to the advancement of the aerospace science and has given a paper at the International Astronautical Congress on the contribution.
The Luigi G. Napolitano Award is given during the closing ceremony of the International Astronautical Congress and the recipient is invited to participate in the gala dinner of the IAC. The award was donated by the Napolitano family and consists of the Napolitano commemorative medal and a certificate of citation. The Luigi Gerardo Napolitano Society sponsors this annual award.
2020 Call for Applications
The International Astronautical Federation is pleased to announce the opening of the Call for Applications for the 2020 Luigi G. Napolitano Award. The Luigi G. Napolitano Award is assigned every year to one (1) young scientist who has significantly contributed to the advancement of the Aerospace Science.
All the Authors who qualify (see Criteria below) and who wish to apply for the Award should send the selection material (see below) by e-mail before 30 August 2020 to the IAF Secretariat to email@example.com.
The applications will be forwarded to Space Education and Outreach Committee, Honors and Awards Subcommittee.
The Award consists of the Luigi G. Napolitano commemorative medal and a certificate of citation. It will be given at the International Astronautical Congress.
The Napolitano Award is presented annually to a young scientist (below 30 years of age) who contributed significantly to the advancement of the Aerospace Science and gives a paper at the International Astronautical Congress on such a contribution.
Nomination and Selection
The Napolitano Award will be announced each year by the IAF Space Education and Outreach Committee. Anybody wishing to apply should send the following information to the IAF Secretariat before the published deadline:
- Full text of the paper to be presented at the IAC 2020 -Curriculum vitae
- The applicant contribution should be clearly identified if the paper is co-authored as the paper must represent the applicant’s work and not just part of a group effort.
Napolitano Award Event
The Napolitano Award winner will be announced during the IAC Closing Ceremony. Therefore, all the participants have to be prepared to attend this event, in case they are selected as winner.
Should you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luigi G. Napolitano Award recipients
- 2020 Elizabeth Barrios
- 2019 Hao Chen
- 2018 Peter Schulte
- 2017 Akshata Krishnamurthy (India)
- 2016 Melissa Mirino (Italy)
- 2015 Koki Ho (Japan)
- 2014 Alessandro Golkar (Italy)
- 2013 Sreeja Nag (USA)
- 2012 Valerio Carandente (Italy)
- 2011 Nishchay Mhatre (India)
- 2010 Andrew Flasch (Japan)
- 2009 Daniel Kwom (USA)
- 2008 Giuseppe Del Gaudio (Italy)
- 2007 Paul Williams (Australia)
- 2006 Carlo Menon (Italy)
- 2005 Nicola Baggio (Italy)
- 2004 Julie Bellerose (USA)
- 2003 Veronica de Micco (Italy)
- 2002 Stefano Ferreti (Italy)
- 2001 Noboru Takeichi (Japan)
- 2000 Frederic Monnaie (France)
- 1999 Chris Blanksby (Australia)
- 1998 Michael Donald Ingham
- 1997 G.W.R. Frenken (Netherlands)
- 1996 W. Tang (China)
- 1995 O.G Liepack (Germany)
- 1994 Ralph D. Lorenz (UK)
- 1993 Shin-Chin Nishizawa (Japan)