About the IAF
The International Astronautical Federation is the world’s leading space advocacy organization with 366 Member Organizations from 68 countries including all leading agencies, space companies, professional societies, associations of industry and R&D institutes worldwide.
The International Astronautical Federation is a worldwide federation of organizations active in the space field. It is responsible for various space-related events worldwide, including the premier annual global space conference, the International Astronautical Congress, held each year in a different country. Following its theme “A space-faring world cooperating for the benefit of humanity” and its motto “Connecting @ll Space People”, the Federation advances knowledge about space, and the development and application of space assets for the benefit of humanity. It maintains a worldwide network of experts in the development and utilization of space. It remains the only international federation for the space community that addresses all aspects of space.
Where are we?
The IAF Secretariat is based in Paris (75015), France, and is responsible for the coordination of the IAF’s activities. It is the operational body of the organization, supporting IAF Bureau, members, experts and volunteers.
Reporting directly to the IAF Executive Director the holder of the position shall provide management support to the Technical Programme of the IAC and Global Conferences, to IAF Technical and Administrative Committees and to the IAF SpaceOps activities.
Specific duties include:
- Contribution to the overall management of the IAF Technical Programme for IAC and Global Conferences
- Management of the Interactive Presentations (IP) of the IAC including:
- Keep communication with authors
- Ensure the correct functioning of the IP platform
- Support the Selection Committee in the review and selection process
- Coordinate the preparation and publication of the IP Special Issue
- Promote the IP through massmailings and social media
- Manage the Interactive Presentations Session and the IP Award Ceremony at the IAC
- Contribution to the management of the IAF Digital Library
- Interface / Support to IAF Administrative and Technical Committees
- Support to IAF Technical Committees reporting
- Interface / Support to the SpaceOps organization
- Secretarial activities
- Database administration
- Call for abstracts and Technical Programme Planning
- Interface with authors and Technical Programme Committee
- Conference support and attendance
- Other meetings support and attendance
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director
- Higher-level university degree;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in projects management (budgeting, resources management, planning);
- Knowledge of the Space Sector is a strong asset;
- Excellent English language skills.
- Strong management, organizational and coordination skills;
- Excellent IT proficiency (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MySQL Databases);
- Languages: English (excellent oral and written skills) + French is an asset;
- Proven ability to work in team;
- Proven ability to manage contracts with suppliers;
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and manage multiple projects and processes while adhering to
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relations
in a multicultural environment with a range of actors, including senior level officials;
- Commitment to achieve results in a timely way and to high standards;
- Capacity and willingness to learn and share knowledge;
- Ability to analyze problems, propose solutions, innovate and implement new initiatives;
- Open to work in an international environment;
- Enthusiasm and interest for space activities is an asset.
What do we offer?
- 1-year CDD (in exceptional case could be a CDI)
- Attractive salary
- Challenging job with exposure to the international space community;
- An international environment with high levels of personal responsibility;
- Occasional travels abroad.
- Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Projected Starting Date: Beginning of May 2019
- Closing Date for Applications: 22 February 2019 (17:00 CET)