The call for submission of proposals is now open.
The IAF is calling for expressions of interest from member organizations to host the annual International Astronautical Congress in 2023.
The IAC is the one time of the year when all space actors come together. Global, multidisciplinary and covering all space sectors and topics, it offers everyone the latest space information, developments but above all contacts and potential partnerships. Each year, the IAC changes country, theme and local organiser, enabling all to learn more about, and be a part of the world space scene.
In recent years the event has attracted between 4500 and 6500 participants including 3500 full paying participants, retired participants and press representatives as well as more than 1500 students and young professionals. The congress itself is a five-day event with defined pre- and post-congress associated events.
The schedule for the selection of the site of the 73rd IAC is as follows:
|15 November 2019|
|24 April 2020|
|July – August 2020|
|10 September 2020|
|12 – 16 October 2020|
|16 October 2020|
Note: The IAF may – at its discretion – modify the above schedule and notify the concerned organizations of the schedule changes.
*Bidders should have expressed their intention to bid by 21 February 2020. Please note that the intention to bid is not a requirement to submit a proposal and the final date for submission of proposals is 24 April 2020.
In preparing a bid, potential host organizations will find on the right column the documents to be a useful resource:
- IAC 2023 Hosting Requirements
- IAC 2023 Room Allocation Chart
All required documents should be sent to:
Dr. Christian Feichtinger
International Astronautical Federation
100 Avenue de Suffren
75015 Paris – France
or by Email: christian.feichtinger [@] iafastro.org
It is expected that after the official endorsement of the hosting proposal by the IAF General Assembly, there will be signing of a contract between the IAF and the Host Organisation which clearly outlines the roles and responsibilities of each party.
We look forward to receiving your proposals.
The proposing organization must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the IAF that it is:
- An IAF member organization or a group of IAF member organizations. The member or members
submitting a proposal must be member(s) in good standing.
- Legally capable of signing a contract with the IAF for the execution of an IAC.
- Organizationally and financially able to undertake and successfully implement an IAC.
- Capable of fulfilling all of the requirements placed on the host organization as described in the Call.
Note: the IAF member organization proposing to host an IAC must demonstrate that it meets the above requirements through the creation of a consortium or other entity with sufficient organization skills, financial backing, human resources and legal structure to meet this requirement.
In this case, the proposed organization must include in its proposal:
- A description of the proposed organizational arrangement. The consortium or organization shall also provide documentation to validate its legal existence as well as its address, telephone and email address for follow up communications.
- Written commitments from the consortium members specifying the organizational and/or financial support they propose to provide.
- Additional, publicly verifiable information describing the capabilities as well as the financial and organizational resources of the consortium members.
The IAF may request additional information to ensure that it has sufficient understanding of the consortium arrangement as well as the legal and financial commitments of the consortium members to the collective effort.