Enterprise Risk Management Committee (ERMC) (2015-2018)
OBJECTIVE/SCOPE OF THE COMMITTEE
Enterprise Risk Management is “a process, effected by an entity’s board of directors, management and other personnel, applied in strategy setting and across the enterprise, designed to identify potential events that may affect the entity, and manage risk to be within its risk appetite, to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of entity objectives”.
Taking into account today’s economic and industrial challenges, it is quite clear that, to conduct space activities, efficient management of resources through a sound understanding of inherent risks represent a major instrument to ensure success in activities.
The Committee will:
• promote ERM implementation, by facilitating discussions on best practices and lessons learned
• provide a cooperative forum for discussions among public and private organisations.
• work supportively to assist in solving ERM peers issues,
• Exchange ideas, methods, and experiences to enhance the ERM practice of ERM within the aerospace community
• Propose and promote the adoption or adaptation, if required, of standards in Enterprise Risk Management (e.g. ISO, ECSS).
SYMPOSIUMS/SESSIONS AT THE IAC
Session E3.6 Enterprise Risk Management
Lengyel, David M.