Space Economy Committee (2018-2021)
Objectives/Scope of the Committee
The Space Economy Committee will, in cooperation with other interested Committees, foster interest in the importance of building a more robust statistical knowledge-base of the space economy.
The Committee will:
- Provide a forum to discuss and exchange views on definitions, measurement issues, impacts, and potential social benefits of the space economy.
- Propose and (if approved) promote in coordination with the IAF secretariat workshops and seminars relating to measurement issues of the space economy.
- Identify and invite representatives of organizations outside the space community to present and share lessons learned from other sectors, regarding value chains and societal impact assessments.
- Assess and regularly report on the current international statistical knowledge-base of the space economy.
- Promote guidelines to encourage the development of internationally comparable economic data series over time.
Simona di Ciaccio
Thierry Le Goff
Karina Miranda Sanchez
Giacomo Primo Sciortino