Comisión Nacional de Actividades Espaciales (CONAE)
Category: Space Agency and Office
Member since: 1997
As a specialised agency of the Argentine State, CONAE is the only government body to understand, design, execute, control, manage and administer space projects and entrepreneurships throughout the country.
It represents the Nation’s civil research and development capabilities in space activities. In view of the wide scope of applications to be considered when generating Information Cycles, the activities and projects to be undertaken by CONAE are required to be relevant from a socio-economical point of view, and should enable to:
– develop and apply advanced technological knowledge;
– enhance economic and human resources;
– build-up International cooperation on a partnership basis;
– conduct oneself as a “space architect”, granting a privilege on knowledge over execution;
– conceive the whole Space Program as an investment project.