Committee on Space Security (2018-2021)
• Aceti Roberto
• Ailor William
• Airaud Julien
• Crowther Richard
• Granier Amélie
• Hertzfeld Henry
• Lods Pierre
• Lu Zhuoyan
• Mathieu Charlotte
• Moranta Sebastien
• Nassisi Annamaria
• Samson Victoria
• Singh Gurbir
• Steinberg Klaus
• Stubbe Peter
• Zatti Stefano
• Zhang Shengjun
• Zhang Zhenjun
Objective/scope of the committee
The Space Security Committee will focus on issues and activities that enhance or threaten the long term sustainability of space activities.
The committee will:
- Assess and report on space debris, on natural hazards to the space environment, and other threats that may reduce humankind’s ability to work in space effectively;
- Assess and report on activities that can enhance humankind’s ability to work in space effectively;
- Promote international cooperative activities in securing outer space for current and future space activities.
- Coordinate its activities with other relevant IAF Committees and Working Groups as well as those of the IAA and IISL
- Identify areas for future studies and projects that would improve the long term sustainability of space activities.
- Provide inputs to the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space and to non-governmental organizations focused on space activities.
- To organise, as appropriate, Symposia and Workshops on space safety and security to be held under the auspices of the IAF.