IAF Excellence in International Cooperation Award
The IAF Excellence in International Cooperation Award is presented annually to an individual who has demonstrated excellence in their efforts to promote and facilitate global engagement and cooperation in the space sector.
The exploration of space has resulted in the advancement of scientific knowledge and benefits for all of humanity. As we expand further into the universe, as we learn new things, identify new problems, and come up with novel solutions, it is important to pay tribute to those at the forefront of international collaboration who help us work together and bridge our differences.
As a global federation, the IAF strives to promote a worldwide dialogue to support international cooperation as the foundation of a stable and developing space community.
Dedicated to acknowledge the efforts and achievements in facilitating global engagement and cooperation, this award is intended to recognize outstanding contributions by an individual in advancing international cooperation including in, but not limited to, the fields of space science, space technology, space medicine, space law and space policy.
Who can nominate?
Any IAF member organizations in good standing, Chairpersons of IAF administrative and technical committees, and elective and appointive IAF officers may nominate a candidate for the IAF Excellence in International Cooperation Award.
Who can be nominated?
Any eminent person in the astronautical field.
The nominee shall have demonstrated:
- A career-long dedication to the fostering of international space cooperation.
- An exceptional contribution in a specific project, effort or area to advance international space cooperation between entities from at least two countries.
- Measurable progress in overcoming a significant challenge or obstacle to international cooperation.
Presentation of Awards
The IAF Excellence in International Cooperation Award recipient will be inducted at the International Astronautical Congress (IAC) at the VIP Luncheon on Monday (“Excellence in International Cooperation Award Luncheon”).
Benefits of award for the recipients
- A trophy and certificate furnished by IAF.
- IAC registration fees waived for the year of induction.
- The recipient will address the attendees of the VIP Luncheon on Monday with a short speech.
- The recipient will attend the Gala Dinner as guest of the IAF President (free of charge).
Number of recipients and Expiration of Nomination
The Award shall be preferably granted to a single person. Exceptionally, it may be granted to two or more persons if their contributions are equal or if the contribution or contributions made were the result of their joint efforts.
A submission which is not successful in any given year may be resubmitted for later years.
The nomination shall contain:
- A justification detailing the exceptional effort and impact of the nominee on international cooperation in space activities (<2 pages)
- A biography of the nominee including, i.e., the person’s profile, career achievements and history, education, list of publications, etc.
- at least 3 letters of support clearly addressing the contributions of the nominee in fostering, advancing and enhancing international cooperation. At least two of the support letters should be issued by colleagues from a different country as the nominee.
Should you have any questions about the IAF Excellence in International Cooperation Award, please contact email@example.com.