The Global Conference on Space for Emerging Countries 2022
The IAF will organize the IAF Global Conference on Space for Emerging Countries (GLEC 2022) hosted by its member, Sideralis Foundation in Quito, Ecuador, from 16 to 20 May 2022.
Following its mission to promote international development and share knowledge, the IAF and its member Sideralis Foundation are committed to fostering and supporting the international relations that allow space faring nations and space developing nations to share practices and data about space activities and their concrete social benefits.
Second Conference of its kind, GLEC 2022 is designed to:
- Creating awareness on the essential legislative and policy elements that must be considered in establishing a firm foundation for national or regional space programs;
- Promoting the creation and development of a local space industry that is innovative, responsive, robust, commercially viable, and connected and integrated to the global space industry;
- Highlighting the socio-economic benefits of space applications so that high-level citizen support can be secured for advancing national or regional space programs.
GLEC 2022 will address various topics of interest for space developing and emerging nations and regions, with a specific focus on:
- Benefits of Space Technology and Applications to Socio-Economic Development
- Financial Models and Resourcing
- Technology and Skills Development
- Base Infrastructure Requirements
- Space Industry Development and Support
- Legal and Policy
The Conference programme is designed to bring together the international community, including senior representatives of the major space agencies, industry, governments, policy makers, academia and NGOs. These leaders in the field will converge in Quito, Ecuador, to present results, exchange ideas, debate roadmaps, and discuss the future opportunities provided by space activities to emerging nations.
The comprehensive programme will include high-level keynotes, round tables as well as young professionals and students dedicated sessions that will address the most recent achievements in space activities and cooperation for emerging countries and explore how industry, politics, and law will help shape the future of this exciting domain of astronautics.