Disruption of New Starts on the Asia Pacific Space Turf
Tuesday 26 September 2017, 14:30 – 15:30
Location: Adelaide Convention Center – Hall D
In recent years the Asia Pacific region has seen a significant expansion of new starts in the space market. In this new normal, how does” new space” work with “old space”?
This GNF panel will provide their expertise to answer these critical questions:
- New starts around the world share the culture of very hi-tech communications and virtual workforce engagements – how can that benefit or improve traditional business practices?
- How are new starts disrupting traditional business models – challenges and solutions?
- Where are the sources of friction as start-ups try to engage with global corporations?
- Can Government Labs play a role in helping start-ups engage with traditional large aerospace companies?
- Looking at how the space market is evolving, where is the sweet spot in terms of growth? Services or Information?
- Can collaboration between traditional aerospace giants and new starts help with navigating the national and international regulatory environment?
How are business incubation programs being changed to accommodate space entrepreneurship?
Vice President for Advanced Technology Center, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
Founder & CEO, Rocket Lab
Flavia TATA NARDINI
Chair, SmartSat Aurora Space Cluster