IAC 2018 Press Conferences
Location: Bremen Conference Center – CCB Gallery
Monday 1 October 2018
IAC 2018 Kick-off Press Conference, 11:30 – 12:15
- Jean-Yves Le Gall, President, International Astronautical Federation
- Pascale Ehrenfreund, Chair of the Executive Board, German Aerospace Center
- Marc Avila, Executive Director**, Center of Applied Space Technology and Microgravity (ZARM), University of Bremen
- Thomas Jarzombek, Space coordinator of the German Federal Government, Member of the German Bundestag
- Mayor Carsten Sieling, President of the Senate of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen
Heads of Agencies Press Conference, 15:15 – 16:00
The Heads of Agencies Press conference will give the audience (mainly press representatives) the opportunity to directly address the Heads of Agencies asking relevant and challenging questions.
- Jim Bridenstine, Administrator, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Hiroshi Yamakawa, President, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
- K. Sivan, Chairman, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO),
- Sylvain Laporte, President, Canadian Space Agency,
- Johann-Dietrich Woerner, Director General, European Space Agency (ESA),
- Zhang Kejian, Administrator, China National Space Administration,
- Dmitry Rogozin, Director General, Roscosmos,
Land Space Technology Press Conference, 16:00 – 16:45
Land Space’s CEO Mr. Zhang Changwu will give a comprehensive introduction to the business highlight of Land Space in the Chinese private launcher enterprises, including its strategic layout of the three locations “Two Centers & One Base” in China, as well as its human resource strength. He will focus on Land Space’s business line planning of the LOX+LCH4 LRE based launcher ‘ZQ-2’ with complete independent intellectual property, along with the corresponding progress have been made recently; moreover, he will announce, on site of the press conference, the maiden flight of the first Chinese private carrier Rocket ‘ZQ-1’, to be executed in mid-October.
- Zhang Changwu, Founder and CEO of LandSpace
The Moon Race Announcement, 17:45 – 18:05
Nearly 50 years after Neil Armstrong first set foot on the Moon, institutions and industry players around the world are working on the preparation of new missions to the Moon. “The Moon Race” initiative aims to capitalize on these analogous ambitions by bringing together a group of partners from the moon-bound community, creating a movement around Moon exploration, and finally enabling the development of technologies necessary for its sustainable exploration. The Moon Race will be set up as an international competition offering the opportunity for demonstrations up to the lunar surface to the best participating teams.
Organized by: The Moon Race NPO, founded by Airbus Defence and Space”?
Tuesday 2 October 2018
MILO Space Science Institute Press Conference, 10:00 – 10:45
- Jim Bell, Professor, School of Earth and Science Exploration, Director, ASU Space Technology and Science (“NewSpace”) Initiative, Arizona State University
- Elizabeth (Betsy) Cantwell, CEO, Arizona State University Research Enterprise
- Lon Levin, President and CEO, GEOshare
- Lisa Callahan, Vice President and General Manager Commercial Civil Space, Lockheed Martin
- Bill Nye, CEO, The Planetary Society
Announcement on the Call of Interest for the ATLANTIC International Satellite Launch Programme, 11:00 – 12:00
In line with their national space strategy (Portugal Space 2030) the government of Portugal toghether with the Regional Government of Azores plans to design, install and operate a spaceport in the Island of Santa Maria, in the Azores, associated with the development and operation of a new generation of satellite launch services. The announcement will present and discuss the opportunity for qualified entities worldwide to express their interest to cooperate with Portuguese enterprises and research centers in this endeavour.
- Manuel Heitor, Portuguese Minister for Science, Technology and HIgher Education
ESA DG Press Conference, 15:00 – 16:00
Jan Wörner, ESA Director General and IAF Vice President for Agency, Parliamentarian and Ministerial Relations will meet the Media to present the status of preparation of the ESA Council at Ministerial Level which will be held at the end of 2019 and for which a preparatory Council meeting will be organised as Intermediary Meeting of Ministers (IMM2018) on 25 October 2018, in Madirid, Spain.
- Johann-Dietrich Woerner, Director General, European Space Agency (ESA)
Global Conference on Space for Emerging Countries – GLEC 2019 Press Conference, 17:15 – 17:45
The International Astronautical Federation (IAF) together with Centre Royal De Télédétection Spatiale (CRTS) and with the support of the Centre National D’Etudes Spatiales (CNES) are very proud to officially announce the Global Conference on Space for Emerging Countries (GLEC 2019) to be held in Marrakech, Morocco from 24 to 26 April 2019.
- Driss El Hadani, Director, Centre Royal de Télédétection Spatiale (CRTS)
- Val Munsami, CEO, South African National Space Agency (SANSA)
- Jean-Pascal Le Franc, Director of Planning, International Relations and Quality, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
Wednesday 3 October 2018
Joint ESA/NASA Press Conference, 09:45 – 10:45
- David Parker, Director of Human and Robotic Exploration, European Space Agency (ESA)
- Nico Dettmann, Head of Development Department, European Space Agency (ESA)
- Mark Kirasich, Orion Program Manager, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Oliver Juckenhöfel, Vice President On-Orbit Services & Exploration, Airbus
- Mike Hawes, Vice President & Orion Program Manager, Lockheed Martin
Joint Press conference – Colombian Space Agency (AEC) and Ecuadorian Civilian Space Agency (EXA), 14:00 – 15:00
LATCOSMOS Joint Manned Missions treaty sign:
The AEC and the EXA will sign a binding document to move forward together towards the implementation of the first Latin American manned mission into space within the IAF GRULAC’s LATCOSMOS programme and will answer questions from the media.
- Pilar Zamora, Head of Agency, Colombian Space Agency
IAC late breaking news – Press Conference, 17:30 – 18:00
More information coming soon
Thursday 4 October 2018
Joint Press conference – RBC Signals and Ecuadorian Space Agency (EXA), 11:00 – 12:00
Cooperation MOU for Laser Communications Technology Development
RBC signals and the EXA will sign an MOU to move forward together into the field of satellite laser telecommunications development using EXA space technologies and RBC network capabilities and will answer questions from the media.
- Christopher Richins, CEO, RBC Signals
Israel Space Agency will announce the Ilan Ramon Conference, 12:00 – 13:00
During the IAC in Bremen, Mr. Avi Blasberger, Director of Israel Space Agency, will host a press briefing, announcing and presenting the 14th Ilan Ramon International Space Conference to be held in Israel in January 2019. Colonel Ilan Ramon, was the first Israeli Astronaut and part of the Columbia Mission STS-107.
- Avi Blasberger, Director, Israel Space Agency