IPMC YOUNG PROFESSIONALS WORKSHOP
Day: Sunday 24 October 2021
Room: Umm Al Qwain
The Final Event of the 2021 IPMC Young Professionals Workshop will take place on Sunday 24 October.
All Delegates attending the IAC are welcome to join the event during topics pitches and debate.
The Workshop gathered inputs from young professionals in the international space community on how to bridge the generational gap in the workplace and on how to better develop and empower the next-generation workforce.
Each Session will cover results on all of the following topics:
- Topic 1: Management of remote collaboration in the space industry – How to collaborate remotely, either across teams in interdisciplinary projects or across different functions within an organization, without losing informal opportunities for information exchange?
- Topic 2: Attracting and managing diversity in order to create successfully inclusive teams – How to change the narrative of the space sector into a more inclusive one, with the goal of creating and managing meaningfully diverse teams?
- Topic 3: Knowledge management for the Generation Z: how, when, and what do Young Professionals choose to learn? – Which education and knowledge management strategies are best suited to motivate and empower the future workforce and ensure engagement?
- Topic 4: Project management practices for enabling short term and rapid turnaround activities for space projects – Why and how should Project Management embrace and encourage this dramatic change towards more rapid design timelines?
- Topic 5: Successful outreach practices in the space sector – How can outreach be improved by exploiting a combination of technical expertise and communication expertise in teams or organizations?
All IAC attendees are welcome to join the event during topics debate