IAF GNF Space Conversations Series
The IAF GNF Space Conversations Series are a fortnightly, free-of-charge registration, live online webinars that will touch upon the most recent developments in space, organized within the frame of the IAF Global Networking Forum (IAF GNF).
Throughout these bi-weekly live conversations, the IAF will aim at strengthening even further the ties with its Members and will flag topics that are relevant for the overall space community. These conversations will offer you all the opportunity to come together, connect, be inspired and informed by leaders and experts in multiple fields of space.
The IAF GNF Space Conversations Series started in October 2020 and take place on a bi-weekly basis, every Wednesday. The sessions start at 14:00 Paris Time and do not exceed the 60 minutes timeframe.
Call for proposals and submission
Proposals can be submitted by IAF Member organizations, however, the IAF can also accept proposals from IAF Committees, prospect IAF Members and Sponsors. These proposals will be dealt with on a case by case basis. In addition, the IAF invites all IAF GNF and Special Sessions proposers who have originally submitted for the IAC in Dubai, to consider the opportunity of submitting their proposal for an IAF GNF Space Conversations Series.
The IAF Secretariat is responsible for implementing the programme development and selection process according to the received proposals, in close cooperation and under the leadership of the IAF President and IAF Vice President for the Global Networking Forum.
The selection of the IAF GNF Sessions will be based on several criteria’s:
- Relevance of the topic with regards to the current space sector and worldwide developments;
- Timeliness of the topic;
- Quality and originality of the proposal;
- Novelty and originality of the topic.
Sponsorship will provide an excellent opportunity for IAF Members and session organizers to get an exclusive and unprecedented online visibility. IAF GNF event organizers are typically asked for a financial contribution to the organization of their session.
Typical levels of contributions are:
- 30 minutes – 5,000 €
- 45 minutes – 8,000 €
- 60 minutes – 10,000 €
- Which initiatives are taken worldwide to best support the start-ups ecosystem?, (Wednesday 26 May 2021)
- Aerospace Technologies in support of Humanitarian Aid, (Wednesday 31 March 2021)
- Moon Village Association - Latest Developments, (Wednesday 10 March 2021 )
- Breakthrough Listen and International SETI Collaborations, (Wednesday 24 February 2021)
- STEM Professional Women's Exclusion in the Canadian Space Industry: Reclaiming their Space, (Wednesday 10 February 2021)
- Leading the Crew: Robots as Humans Partners, (Wednesday 13 January 2021)
- Spaceland’s First 3D-Printed Mars Habitat as Game-Changer in Planetary Exploration Programs, (Wednesday 9 December 2020)
- Bridging the Space Divide for Developing Countries and Emerging Communities, (Wednesday 25 November 2020)
- Global Exploratoin Roadmap - Supplement August 2020, Lunar Surface Exploration Scenario Update, (Wednesday 28 October 2020)