Published on February 2, 2022
2022 IAF Emerging Space Leaders Grant Programme
Apply before 11 February and get the exclusive opportunity to be fully funded by the IAF for the IAC 2022 in Paris, France!
Apply for the 2022 IAF Emerging Space Leaders (ESL) Grant Programme that provides opportunities for students and young professionals to participate in the annual International Astronautical Congress.
The young people selected to take part in the 2022 IAF Emerging Space Leaders Grant Programme will participate in the 73rd International Astronautical Congress (IAC) scheduled to take place in Paris, France from 18 – 22 September 2022. The individuals selected will also participate in other activities held the week prior to and during the Congress such as the UN/IAF Workshop or the Space Generation Congress (SGC) and the Cross-Cultural Communications and Presentation Workshop.
Students and Young Professionals between the ages of 21 and 35 on 1 January 2022 with space-related career interests are encouraged to apply for the programme. Up to twenty-five students and young professionals will be selected by the IAF to participate in the 2022 programme.
Who should consider applying?
- Individuals interested in pursuing careers involving the development, application and use of space systems, space science research, the policy, legal, social and cultural aspects of space activities, international cooperation on space programmes and other similar subjects.
- Persons who - for financial, sponsorship or other reasons - would not otherwise be able to attend an International Astronautical Congress.
Note: Candidates may apply regardless of their home country or current residence. While all applications will be considered, through this programme the IAF seeks to encourage the participation of young people in nations with emerging space capabilities and interests who would otherwise not be able to attend an International Astronautical Congress.
- Young people who wish to meet and interact with other colleagues from around the world with similar interests.
- Individuals who hope to utilise the knowledge and experiences they gain during the IAC in their own careers and in enhancing space and related activities in their home countries.
What does the grant include?
- Round trip air fare between the candidate's home/residence country and Paris, France
- Support (in kind-services or funding) for local transportation, lodging and meals during the candidate's stay in Paris, France
- Assistance with visa arrangements provided by the IAC Local Organizing Committee and the Government of France
- Registration to the 73rd International Astronautical Congress as well as the 2022 Space Generation Congress or the 2022 UN/IAF Workshop.
- Mentors will provide advice on presentations at the IAC and on activities before and during the IAC to help grant recipients benefit fully from the Congress and related meetings and meet with the grant recipients during the IAC.
Application Deadline: 11 February 2022 15:00 Paris Time / UTC + 1:00
To apply, click here.
For detailed information, application process and requirements please download our “2022 IAF Emerging Space Leaders Grant Programme Handbook”.
Share this article !Share on twitter Share on linkedin Share on twitter