Honours and Awards Committee (HAC) (2018-2021)
- Bescond, Pierre
- Perino, Maria Antonietta
- Bonnal, Christophe
- Doetsch, Karl H.
- Li, Ming
- Mowry, Clayton
- Popov, Garry
- Seward, Elizabeth
- Sologub, Marina
- Stoewer, Heinz
- Welch, Chris
- Wigbels, Lyn
- Yasaka, Tetsuo
- Kibe, Seishiro
- Viehboeck, Carina
- Feichtinger, Elena
- Tsougranis, Anthony Elias
Objective/Scope of the committee
The principle functions of the HAC are to:
- review the structure, terms and conditions of all the honours and awards offered by the IAF to ensure relevance, consistency and standards;
- recommend or address, as appropriate, new awards or revisions of current awards to or from the Bureau;
- have oversight, on behalf of the Bureau, of all awards made by IAF subcommittees to ensure standards;
- select from nominations for awards having no dedicated sub-committee and recommend recipients to the Bureau (e.g. the Allan D. Emil Memorial Award).
Committee rules for membership applications and renewal
The Committee shall comprise members nominated by the Chair from recommendations received and subsequently approved by the Bureau.
Additional members may be co-opted from time-to-time by consensus of the Committee.
The Committee members shall include individuals with experience in and active knowledge of international space activities.
The Committee should ideally comprise diverse members representing industry, academia, agencies and regions.
The Bureau Vice-President responsible for honours and awards shall be an ex-officio member of the Committee.