2019 Call for Nominations
The IAF Excellence in Industry Award is intended to distinguish an industry organization, member or non-member of the IAF, worldwide for introducing innovative space technologies to the global marketplace and is recognized throughout space industry for successfully executing a landmark space mission.
Who may nominate?
- Members of the Industry Relations Committee
- Industry Organization IAF Member
- IAF Officers (President, Vice Presidents, Executive Director)
Who can be nominated?
The IAF Excellence in Industry Award will call for nominations/applications annually but will be given only when nominations of exceptional merit are received. Open worldwide to IAF Members and non IAF Members organizations.
This Award will be granted to an industry organization and is not intended to recognize an individual in the organization. The IAF will invite the CEO of the industry organization awardee to attend the IAC to receive the IAF Excellence in Industry Award at the Industry Luncheon and provide keynote remarks.
Only one application per industry organization will be accepted per year. An industry member organization may self-apply or be nominated by any other industry member organization. A submission which is not successful in any given year may be resubmitted for later years.
Nomination package shall contain:
- A citation of industry contribution to growth of global space industry
- Landmark achievements in innovative space technologies and missions
- Noteworthy accomplishments in successfully executing major space events
The IAF Excellence in Industry Award nominations/applications will be reviewed by the IRC Award Subcommittee who will then make a recommendation for the recipient to the IAF Honors and Awards Committee and the IAF Bureau during the IAF Spring Meetings. The final decision rests with the IAF Bureau.
The award consists of a statue and a certificate which will be presented to the CEO or senior executive officer of the awarded organization during the Industry Luncheon. The executive will be invited to the IAC of the year of induction (free of charge) and to the Industry Day Luncheon to speak keynote remarks.
The awardee should be an Industry organization recognized across global space community for outstanding and sustainable advancements in commercial and civil space, showing the following merits :
- Industry organization is distinguished as the leader in developing and executing landmark commercial and civil space missions;
- Organization is industry role model for collaboration and cooperation in the global space industry workforce;
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of commitment to highest standard of excellence in mission planning and execution;
- Recognition of exemplary mission performance across global space industry;
Nomination documents must be received by IAF Secretariat by the 11 February 2019, 15:00 (Paris time), preferably by email at email@example.com.
If email is not available, the reference can be sent by postal mail to:
2019 IAF Excellence in Industry Award
100 Avenue de Suffren