2020 Call for Applications
The International Astronautical Federation (IAF) is pleased to announce its 2020 Emerging Space Leaders (ESL) Grant Programme that provides opportunities for students and young professionals to participate in the annual International Astronautical Congress.
The young people selected to take part in the 2020 Emerging Space Leaders Grant Programme will participate in the 71st International Astronautical Congress (IAC) scheduled to take place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from 12 – 16 October 2020. The individuals selected will also participate in other activities held the week prior to and during the Congress such as the UN/IAF Workshop, the Space Generation Congress (SGC) or the Young Professionals Workshop; the Cross-Cultural Communications and Presentation Workshop; and IAF International Student Workshop.
Students and Young Professionals between the ages of 21 and 35 on 1 January 2020 with space-related career interests are encouraged to apply to the programme. Up to twenty-five students and young professionals will be selected by the IAF to participate in the 2020 programme.
Who should consider applying?
- Individuals interested in pursuing careers involving the development, application and use of space systems, space science research, the policy, legal, social and cultural aspects of space activities, international cooperation on space programmes and other similar subjects.
- Persons who – for financial, sponsorship or other reasons – would not otherwise be able to attend an International Astronautical Congress.
- Young people who wish to meet and interact with other colleagues from around the world with similar interests.
- Individuals who hope to utilise the knowledge and experiences they gain during the IAC in their own careers and in enhancing space and related activities in their home countries.
Note: Candidates may apply regardless of their home country or current residence. While all applications will be considered, through this programme the IAF seeks to encourage the participation of young people in nations with emerging space capabilities and interests who would otherwise not be able to attend an International Astronautical Congress.
What does the grant include?
- Round trip air fare between the candidate’s home country and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Support (in kind-services or funding) for local transportation, lodging and meals during the candidate’s stay in
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Assistance with visa arrangements provided by the IAC Local Organizing Committee and the Government of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Registration to the 71st International Astronautical Congress as well as the Space Generation Congress or the 2020 UN/IAF Workshop.
- Mentors will provide advice on presentations at the IAC and on activities before and during the IAC to help grant recipients benefit fully from the Congress and related meetings and meet with the grant recipients during the IAC.
Application Deadline: 10 February 2020 15:00 Paris Time / UTC + 1:00
For detailed information, application process and requirements please download our “2020 IAF ESL Grant Programme – Handbook“
Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.