Next Generation Coordination Committee (NGCC) (2018-2021)
Objective/scope of the committee
The Next Generation Co-ordination Committee (NGCC) is an Administrative Committee which supports the IAF Bureau, associated IAF committees and IAF member organizations in preparing for and conducting events and activities relating to education, students, young professionals and workforce development (known collectively as ‘Next Generation’ activities).
- Co-ordination and promotion of IAF and IAF-related Next Generation activities
- Organization and delivery of IAF Emerging Space Leaders Grant Programme
- Organization and delivery of IAF Young Space Leaders Recognition Programme
- Advising IAF Bureau on planning, resourcing and delivery of Next Generation activities
Operative and coordination
- The Next Generation Co-ordination Committee shall meet at least twice a year, at the IAF Spring Meetings and in conjunction with the International Astronautical Congress supported by remote meetings/telecons as necessary.
- Coordination with the IAF Bureau shall be via the IAF Vice President Education and Workforce Development or as designated by the IAF Bureau.
Structure of the committee
Membership shall be confined to representatives of IAF bodies, committees, member and associated organizations as given below:
- IAF Vice-President Education and Workforce Development (Chair)
- Past IAF Vice-President Education and Workforce Development (3-year term)
- Chair IAF Space Education and Outreach Committee
- Chair IAF Workforce Development – Young Professionals Program Committee
- Chair IAF Space Universities Committee
- Chair IAF International Project/Programme Planning Committee
- IAF Young Space Leaders Representative (3-year term)
- International Space Education Board Representative/Student Zone Co-ordinator
- Future Space Leaders Foundation Representative
- Space Generation Advisory Council Executive Director
- International Space University Representative
Three associated IAF Vice-Presidents shall be permanent invitees:
- IAF Vice-President Outreach
- IAF Vice-President Science and Academic Relations
- IAF Vice-President Developing Countries and Emerging Members
The NGCC shall have two subcommittees responsible, respectively, for the following IAF programmes.
- IAF Emerging Space Leaders Grant Programme
- IAF Young Space Leaders Recognition Programme