Published on June 23, 2021
IAF Distinguished Service Award Call for Nominations 2022 is now open!
Send your Nomination documents no later than 30th of August 2021
Dear IAF Community,
The International Astronautical Federation (IAF) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2022 “IAF Distinguished Service Award” that recognizes distinguished service by volunteers and/or staff to the activities of the Federation.
The call for nominations for the IAF Distinguished Service Award is addressed to IAF Technical or Administrative Committees' members, Delegates/members of IAF member organizations in good standing, IAF Bureau members and IAF Secretariat.
Nominations should contain:
- A citation (one sentence)
- A biography of the nominee including, i.e., the person’s profile, career achievements and history, education, list of publications, etc.
- 1 letter of support clearly addressing contributions of the nominee to IAF
- Duration of nominee’s service
- Leadership in nominee’s service
- Excellence of nominee’s service
As a guideline, those recognized for distinguished service should normally meet several of the following criteria:
- More than 10 years volunteering for the IAF or longer
- A leadership role in a Technical or Administrative Committee or Sub-Committee, or served on the Bureau
- Attended the IAC and Spring Meetings on a regular basis
- Activities that required significant volunteering hours
The IAF Distinguished Service Award Sub-Committee will review the nominations received for the IAF Distinguished Service Award and will make recommendations to the IAF Honours and Awards Committee (HAC). The HAC will review the recommendations and make final recommendations to the IAF Bureau at the IAC 2021 in Dubai.
The IAF Distinguished Service Award comprises a distinctive pin and certificate presented at the IPC General Meeting during the IAF Spring Meetings 2022 in Paris. The recipient’s registration fee for the International Astronautical Congress (IAC) will be reduced to 50% of the applicable fee for the year of induction (IAC 2022 in Paris, France).
Nomination documents must be received by IAF Secretariat no later than 15:00 CET (Paris time) on the 30th of August 2021, preferably by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: NOMINEE’S LAST NAME Nominee’s First Name-IAF Distinguished Service Award 2022).