CALL FOR HOSTING THE IAC IN 2027
Each year the International Astronautical Federation (IAF) – with the support of its partners the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA), the International Institute of Space Law (IISL) and the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) – organizes the International Astronautical Congress (IAC).
The IAC is held in different countries of the world with an IAF member organization serving as its Host. In recent years, the event attracted between 4,500 and 9,500 participants including more than 40% students and young professionals.
The IAF is seeking proposals from IAF member organizations interested in serving as the host of the 78th IAC which will be held in 2027.
Before applying please do consult the Call for Hosting the IAC 2027
The schedule for the selection of the site of the 78th IAC is as follows:
Announcement of Call for Proposals 13 November 2023
- Deadline for notices of intent to submit proposals 16 February 2024
- Deadline for submission of proposals 26 April 2024
- Selection of finalist candidates (if applicable) June 2024
- Site Inspections July - August 2024
- Deadline for submission of updated proposals from the candidates 13 September 2024
- Finalist presentations: during the 74th IAC in Baku, Azerbaijan 14 – 18 October 2024
- Selection of the Host by the IAF General Assembly 18 October 2024
- Signature of the preliminary contract with the successful Bidder 18 October 2024 No later than 31 December 2024
Note: The IAF may – at its discretion – modify the above schedule and notify the concerned organizations of the schedule changes.
All required documents should be sent to:
Dr. Christian Feichtinger
International Astronautical Federation (IAF)
100 Avenue de Suffren
75015 Paris - France
or by Email: email@example.com
It is expected that after the official endorsement of the hosting proposal by the IAF General Assembly, a contract will be signed between the IAF and the Host Organisation which clearly outlines the roles and responsibilities of each party.
The successful bidder must sign the Preliminary Contract for the IAC within the above-mentioned deadline. If the successful bidder fails or refuses to sign the contract within the stipulated deadline, it will lose its rights to host the IAC 2027. The IAF shall then exercise its prerogative as the IAC Organizer to seek an alternative host.
The IAF has received bid proposals for hosting the IAC 2027 from the following IAF Members: